Treating Panic Disorder and Drug/Alcohol Addiction Together
Tranquility Woods is a dual-diagnosis addiction treatment program
Tranquility Woods offers residential treatment for clients struggling with drug and alcohol use disorders. Our program offers a blend of medical, clinical, and holistic expertise. We also provide on-site detox as part of our residential program. In addition to our medical treatments, clients are exposed to a high volume of individual therapy, and other holistic modalities to help kickstart the healing process.
Explore Our Program
What is Panic Disorder?
People with panic disorder have sudden and repeated attacks of fear that last for several minutes or longer. These are called panic attacks. Panic attacks are characterized by a fear of disaster or of losing control even when there is no real danger. A person may also have a strong physical reaction during a panic attack. It may feel like having a heart attack. Panic attacks can occur at any time, and many people with panic disorder worry about and dread the possibility of having another attack.
Signs and Symptoms of Panic Disorder
- Sudden and repeated panic attacks of overwhelming anxiety and fear
- A feeling of being out of control, or a fear of death or impending doom during a panic attack
- Physical symptoms during a panic attack, such as a pounding or racing heart, sweating, chills, trembling, breathing problems, weakness or dizziness, tingly or numb hands, chest pain, stomach pain, and nausea
- An intense worry about when the next panic attack will happen
- A fear or avoidance of places where panic attacks have occurred in the past
Our Addiction Treatment Philosophy
We believe that drugs and alcohol are not the root or cause of addiction ~ There is usually an underlying problem, that if not addressed, will cause success to be short-lived. We know that if we treat the whole person, success can be lifelong. We believe it is imperative to develop a personalized recovery plan for every client and to not take a “cookie-cutter approach.” By combining the best blend of techniques and determining what will be most effective for each individual, we believe our clients will be better positioned to live a healthy, successful life in recovery.