Residential Addiction and PTSD Treatment for Veterans
Drug and Alcohol Detox Available
We accept Tricare East Health Insurance
Veteran-Focused Programming at Tranquility Woods
Interlaced with addictions, we have a trauma-informed treatment approach integrating experiential, educational, expressive, and holistic therapies. Our residential program starts at 30 days.
We draw upon the work of nationally accredited authors like Bessel Van der Kolk, Brene Brown, and Kristen Neff, among others, in our program design and implementation. Our clients receive educational materials to build awareness and insight into trauma. We have a curated group therapy curriculum that enmeshes didactic and experiential learning. We recognize the signs and symptoms of trauma exposure on physical and mental health.
We embrace the five basic principles of trauma-informed care.
Our principles of trauma-informed care include the emotional and physical safety of our clients through peer support and ongoing staff support. We have a core crisis response team led by licensed clinicians for an effective and immediate response to a client’s needs. Our clinical model is based on trust between providers and clients. We ensure collaboration with our clients by setting goals for treatment and aftercare.
Six Benefits of Our Veterans Program
- Understand the impact of trauma (PTSD) on the brain, behavior, and overall functioning
- Learn new coping skills to manage PTSD, anxiety, fear, depression, and substance use.
- Receive 4 hours of individualized addiction and trauma-based therapy.
- Participate in 3-4 hours of addiction groups, 1-2 hours of mental health groups, cellular healing, acupuncture, massage, and yoga every week.
- Families will be engaged within 24 hours of admission. Family sessions are twice a week on-site at your convenience.
- Consultation and treatment with trauma-informed medical professionals with a strong background in addiction medicine and pharmacotherapy.
Our Veteran Program
We provide client-centered and evidence-based care with licensed and trained staff. We have combat veterans on staff with a deep understanding of exposure trauma, war-related violence, and other facets of chronic and post-traumatic stress. Our clinicians have trained in evidence-based treatment for trauma like EMDR, CBT, DBT, and Brain spotting ( David Grand, 2015).
Our addiction-focused expert medical team provides alcohol and drug detoxification available on-site. Each client is medically evaluated for an individualized detoxification protocol. We can prescribe medications to create a comfortable and safe transition from drug and alcohol use.
Our comprehensive treatment methods cover a wide range of different physical and holistic support, including acupuncture, physical fitness, massage, yoga, mindfulness and meditation training, and much more.